Friday, November 13, 2009

2012 Coming To Theaters Today!

The date is December 21st and the year is 2012. Does that date mean something to you? It Should! This is the day that our precious world as we know it will end. This is a day where it doesn’t matter if you are white, black, Hispanic or Asian. It doesn’t matter weather you are Christian, Muslim, Buddhist or athesist. Why does the world finally understand that we shouldn’t judge a person because of any of these things? The answer is simple because there is no more world.

Many beliefs float around about when the end of the world will become and it looks like the Mayans left a gift saying their peace. The Mayan calendar stops on December 21st in the year of 2012. There is widespread gossip that this is when the believed the human race on Earth would come to its end.

I’m going to be the first person to admit that I’m a big scaredy cat when it comes to the end of the world. I don’t like to think about it. Unfortunately I learned long ago that what I like doesn’t matter, my brain works on its own time and I will just listen, act and do as it says. So if I’m going to think about it anyways why not watch a movie about it. Somehow the movie The Day After Tomorrow overcame all of my roadblocks and has become one of my favorite movies of all time. Will 2012 have the same affect? Or will it follow the lines of the recent Nicolas Cage blockbuster, Knowing. Knowing was not a bad movie in any way or sense but it was only decent. It will never climb its way into my all time favorites, or the ones I watch once a year or so.

I have very high expectations for 2012 because I think it has a chance to have the right amount, of plot and action. Which forever seems to be the tug of war that directors struggle to find the right compromise on. It also has a couple of good actors for the two leads, John Cusack and Amanda Peet. A strong supporting cast includes Danny Glover, Woody Harrelson, and Oliver Platt. 2012 was directed by Roland Emmerich; who happens to be the same guy that brought us Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow. I’m having faith that this movie will follow the path of those and not of another movie Emmerich directed, 10,000 B.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment